OVO-Droppa    1

Hi,

So recently i have been experiencing some serious issues with hackers. I'm not posting this to call anyone out. I'm also not trying to burn any bridges with anyone. The point of this post is to get a friendly discussion going about the clear abuse of map hack going on in OHS. I'm tired of one getting called a map hacker myself. Two playing games where there is a clear abuse of map hack. And Three requesting a ban for very obvious hackers and not even getting a response on it due to certain players being friends with admin. So please comment with your thoughts and experiences on this subject.

Good Morning 

Well I'd say there is hackers but I'm pretty sure not much can be done without any valid proof. All these admins can work on is hearsay when someone accuses one another. Yesterday I accused someone out of rage for my team mates and realized that there is still some people who buys wards.

Make sure you have valid proof, time stamps or even screen shots to provide a stable reason for your ban report.

This probably won't make any sense right now but I know most of the staff here and they won't tolerate MH'ers here.

Hope you find this usefull

kakapo    27

Hi OVO-Droppa,

Thank you for your concerns regarding map hack. As Crywolf mentioned in a similar topic posted earlier, we cannot act unless there are ban reports. I apologise if you have submitted them and they haven't been resolved. Both these topics have one thing in common though and that is there is no proof, no time stamps, no screenshots, nothing. You also accuse Staff being friendly with 'hackers. Again, no proof, but that is also a seriously accusation to make. If you were around prior to this version of forums, you would see that we have 0% toleration for hackers. Please do send in the necessary information via ban reports and will happily look after your request.

Regards,

Kakapo

• Upvote 1

GriefCode    413

Hey @OVO-Droppa &  @NoStressDota,

I've linked you both as I do not want to post the same thing on both threads.
At first, we do not tolerate any hackers on our servers, but the common way is that people do not report anyone for being a hacker, if someone gets reported with a valid proof we will ban them from our servers.

A valid proof is currently only a fogclick, as ingame actions can not be related for being hacks. That are random moments that can happen and can be lucky. Only someone who has maphack himself can judge someone for being hacking in game. Based on his knowledge and seeing someones playing actions allover. This is the common idea i'm getting when someone claims someone hacking but never provide a fogclick or suspicious actions with naming timestamps. Because these peoples report the players right away without event taking a look into the replay as they have more knowledge, based on their own hacks.
And valid proof was definitly not given on your report: dota.vision/sharedStats/report/view/85/ - 'Hacking' is definitly not enough also in the furthere comment section @Graou has brought up a good point why you might be wrong there.

The toplist is also not a proof of someone being hacking. Having stats like 1000 - 50 (K -D) is fairly possible if you know how to play wisely and correctly. Just pick the right hero, the right items and you can always escape without dieing.

Now the basic issue, if you are aware someone has an ALT-Account and is evading our bans, simple report them. Most people are aware of alt's and don't even bothere to report them as they think that we won't ban them. But this is simple not true. We try to ban everyone hacking and also taking care of alt accounts. But I'm not sitting 24/7 here to observe the games and watchout for alt accounts of a user in order to ban them all, as I am not a player on our bots anymore.

As last topic, we do not ban anyone for maphack unless we are 100% sure he is hacking.
If you suspect people for hacking, bring up a ban request with accurate evidence, and not just "hacking". Unless that I do not think that anyone reported is hacking.

Greetings

• Upvote 2

OVO-Droppa    1

Hey! thank you all for commenting on the post! First off i wasn't directly speaking to any of you for being friends with hackers. Again i just wanted to get a good discussion going on this topic. Regarding the issue of admin being friends with some of these hackers i am not saying they know 100% they are hacking and blatantly don't ban. What i was trying to say is that a lot of these guys that i know are hacking are just friends with some of the admin. For instance, Buubs is friends with quiet a few admin. Which i understand because he has been playing here for quite some time. It's like how Mirana who use to be an admin was caught for hacking finally, but it took a long time to catch him due to the fact that he was good friends with the admin at the time ( bhenchod, batnut, and even kakapo). As well as Tynix was a clear mh'er and even in lobby's with admin they would straight out admit he was a mh'er but they were friends so it took a long time to finally get his ass for it. Also @GriefCode regarding a discussion we had the other day about having protection for the transfer of resources in game. I did my research on it with this newer patch and that's simply not true. I would like everyone to quickly google "neon maphack" you will find a page that offers, meepo bot, the newest maphack, transfer of resources, etc. Also i due know quiet a few players that recently have switched to OHS after being ban on bots like BK and ENT for hacking and even though some have been reported on here nothing has been done about. And finally regarding ban reports i requested a ban for a player a week ago who i know is friends with some of the staff and it's still pending. I even messaged another active playing admin to check it out and didn't get a response. That same admin i messaged just reviewed a ban report for hacking that came after my report and accepted it. I specifically messaged that admin knowing damn well he is freinds with the player i requested it for and my theory so far has been proven true. 

• Upvote 1

Hey @OVO-Droppa typically what I would do is watch the replay very closely. Sometimes people call maphack when in all accuality there isnt any proof of it. I have played with you many times and you are a great player but realize you are not the only one people who play a lot like you and my self and who have played for a long time can pretty much know where the other player is going to be or may even be located at its just muscle memory you just know. It dont mean you hack you just have goon intuition of the game. I have watched severl MH replay request and MOST of the time the player has sight of the other player and chases him or makes the kill its just simple game knowledge and sometimes you're wrong about where they went and sometimes you're right about where they went and they yell MAPHACK which is crazy..If I ever susspect a MH I always go back watch the replay closely and then make my decision on wether or not it was a MH.. A lot of people say maphackto the good players only because they know the game very well..even me im not the best player in the world but I have been playing since 2004 and know the paths and the way people click to travel sometimes..its not hacking its that you just simply make an educated guess on where they are going..

• Upvote 2

Cow    14
On 20.3.2017 at 9:24 AM, GriefCode said:

The toplist is also not a proof of someone being hacking. Having stats like 1000 - 50 (K -D) is fairly possible if you know how to play wisely and correctly. Just pick the right hero, the right items and you can always escape without dieing.

Just because my stats are actually 1000 - 50 doesnt mean everyone can do it. I'm just too pru.

@BatNut can confirm... Hi badnutty :D ly

wtvr    7

dont you guys know about fog click detection? Its not a 100% guaranteed way to catch a hacker but it does hep to have some evidence. Some hacks can by pass fog click, sometimes non-hackers can fog click, but sometimes if you see somebody repeatedly fog clicking, then you have the proof you need. Anyway, hopefully future patches will fix hacking 

RevoluChen    158

fbi_logo_black_1920x1200.thumb.jpg.e5df7429dd7b965523ba2db2fb35e724.jpg

my point is , you have to do your own investigaChen ! and then evaluate if it is really a hacker , provide timestamp , and also u can use fcd out of the battlenet ! then report it on forum if u see evidence !!! some are obvious and doesnt care

Edited by RevoluChen